Henry header


Obituaries & Death Notices

THARP, Sarah Ann Whitehouse

Sarah Ann Whitehouse was born May 2nd, 1859, at Staffordshire, England. She died March 14th, 1934, at Maryhill, Washington.

The family moved from England in 1869, settling in Kewanee, Ill. Here she grew to womanhood. At the age of twelve she joined The Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She kept that faith to the end. In 1877 she was married to C.F Tharp. They moved out to the Dakotas, where they took up a homestead, living the hard industrious life of the pioneer,. Several years later they sold the homestead and moved to Condon, Oregon, where they farmed. Coming to Columbus, now Maryhill, in 1910, they worked for Samuel Hill on his newly acquired acres, that now form the Hill estate.

Seven children were born to Mr. and Mrs. Tharp. Four died in infancy. Mr. Tharp died August 24th, 1912. Since then Mrs. Tharp has made her home with her son Thomas. Her oldest son, William Tharp died in January, 1918. She leaves to mourn her loss a son, Thomas Tharp, Maryhill, a daughter, Mrs. William Harp, of Wishram, four granddaughters, two great grandchildren, one brother, Alma Whitehouse, of Chicago, and a host of relatives and friends.

Rev. W. T. Jordan conducted the funeral services at the Christian Advent church at Maryhill, and the services at the grave in the Maryhill cemetery.

Mrs. Tharp was a kind and generous friend and neighbor. Though a great sufferer she always took a kindly interest in every one and the affairs of the community. The beautiful flowers that covered the grave were a tribute of love form her many friends.

"From the ranks our friends are dropping.
yet to memory they are dear,
still in spirit we behold them
And in dreams they hover near.
We shall meet them in the morning
When our work on earth is done.
At the river--blessed river,
We shall gather one by one."

from a newspaper clipping at Goldendale, WA

Contributed by Susie Martin-Rott

TODD, Dorothy Jane Burn

Mrs. N. Todd Dies Sunday At 89 Years

Long-Time Resident of Kewanee Summoned After 5 Weeks Illness

Mrs. Nicholas G. Todd, 89, resident of Kewanee for many years, died at 3 o'clock Sunday morning at the home in Cambridge road after a five week's illness.

Dorothy Jane Burn was born April 6, 1849, in Morpeth, England. She was educated in England and was married there in 1875 to Mr. Todd who died about six years ago. The Todds came to the United States fifty-seven years ago, coming directly to Kewanee. They lived here about a year, going to Iowa where they remained a short time. The home had since been in Kewanee.

Six children were born to Mr. and Mrs. Todd, two sons, George and Joseph who are dead and the surviving children, Miss Anna Todd of Milwaukee; Mrs. George Osborn of Oswego; Mrs. R. L. Couve and Mrs. Frank Martin of Kewanee. Surviving also are fifteen grandchildren and twenty-one great-grandchildren, and a brother, Jack Burn who lives in England. Two brothers and one sister preceded Mrs. Todd in death.

Funeral service is arranged for Tuesday afternoon and will be held at 1:30 at Erickson and McHugh funeral home. Rev. Mr. Ludwig Emigholz, pastor of Congregational church, will be in charge. Burial will be in Pleasant View cemetery. Calling hours for friends will be 7 to 9 tonight at the funeral home.

Source: Kewanee Star Courier, January 9, 1939

Submitted by: Tracy Johnson

TODD, Ines Mae Epperly

At the courntry home, one mile north of this city on Main Street, Mrs. Geo. Todd passed away quietly at one o'clock yesterday after noon. The end came after an illness, which lasted since January. She had been seriously sick for about three days during which time she had been bedfast. Dropsy was the cause of her death.

The many friends of Mrs. Todd will be shocked to learn of her passing, which is considered rather sudden. Although she had been ill for several months, few except the immediate relatives knew of her condition. Mrs. Todd was home-loving; and paid special attention to the interests of her home and family. Mrs. Todd was considered an exceptionally fine neighbor, and her death will cause much sadness in the community surrounding the family residence.

Born at Duncan, Ill.

Miss Ines Mae Epperly was born in Duncan, Mercer county, Ill., Jan. 11, 1872. She spent most of her girlhood days at the place of her birth. Jan. 11, 1899, she was united in marriage to George Todd at Duncan. Soon after their marriage they moved to this city and resided on Cambridge Road for about eight years.

Four children were born to Mr. and Mrs. Todd, all of whom are at home at the present time. They are: Purl Inez, Verne K., Anna Mae and Joseph A.

Relatives to Mourn.

Beside the family, Mrs. Todd leaves to mourn her death, her father and mother at Joy, Ill., one sister, Mrs. Myrtle Mae Jones of Wayburn, Canada, and three brothers, James Epperly, and Hiram Epperly of Kewanee, and Arthur Epperly of Joy, Ill.

Mrs. Todd was a member of the Latter Day Saints' Chruch of this city. She accepted that creed when she joined the Reorganized Church of Latter Day Saints at Duncan, Ill., June 24, 1888. She has been a member of the local church since coming to this city.

Funeral Tomorrow.

The funeral services will be conducted tomorrow morning. A short service will be held at the coutry home at 10:30 o'clock for the immediate relatives only. The service at the Latter Day Saints' Church will take place at 11:00 o'clock. William Willetts will have charge. Burial will take place at Pleasant View cemetery.

Source: Kewanee Star Courier, May 6, 1912

Submitted by: Tracy Johnson

[Note: Mrs. Todd's name was Inez Mae, but she went by Mae or May. Her daughter's name "Purl" should be "Pearl," and sister's place of residence "Wayburn, Canada," is believed to be Weyburn, Saskatchewan, Canada.]

TROYER, Iona Annette Tinker

Mrs. Iona Troyer Laid to Rest in Fairview Cemetery

Funeral services for Mrs. Iona Troyer were held at 1:30 o'clock Saturday afternoon at the undertaking parlors of Erickson & McHugh. The Rev. L.C. Trent, pastor of the First Baptist church was in charge, and music was by Mrs. John Pearl. The service was well attended and there were manu nice flowers, including floral tributes from California friends.

Bearers were, J.P. Heaps, A. A. Pettitt, J.H. Bowen and Milton Lowery. Burial was in Fairview cemetery.

Ione Annette Tinker was born at Hebron, New York, October 13, 1838. Her father, Charles E. Tinker, as a Baptist gospel minister, later moved to Annawan, Ill., where Ione was married to William Troyer, July 4 1855. To this union were born two girls and three boys, of whom two boys survive their mother: William L. Troyer, Etiwanda, Calif., and Albert M. Troyer, Fairhope, Alabama.

After her husband's decease in 1899 she cast her lot with her youngest son, Leroy E Troyer and followed him to Porto (sic) Rico, then to Mexico and finally to Cailfornia, where the son was a faithful missionary of the Cross to the Spanish-speaking people.

After the death of this son she continued to live with her daughter-in-law in Hollywood, Calif., until about eighteen months ago she was stricken with paralysis, at the home of her son in Etiwanda, and died at 5:30 Sabbath morning, April 23, 1922, aged 83 years, 6 months and 10 days.

She leaves two sons, seven grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren to keep a green sweet memory of her devoted selfsacrificing christian life.

At the age of eleven she was baptized into fellowship with the Baptist church at Oxford, Ill., where her father was then pastor. In her later years her missoinary zeal grew intense and no sacrifice was too great if she might thereby save a few pennies or dollars, to send away in response to the heartrending appeals of overworked missionaries.

In the early days of the temperance movement she entered the ranks of the W.C.T.U. and she never appeared in public thereafter without the white ribbon bow. Frances Willard was to her the uncrowned queen among women.

And thus passes another noble, bloodwashed soul, a veritable mother-in-Isreal. Her going was swift for the chariot swung a little lower that Sabbath morning and she stepped on board and took a Sabbath's day journey home.

Source: Kewanee Daily Star-Courier, (Henry Co., Il) Mon. May 1st 1922 p.4

Contributed by Pinky Davis

TUCKER, James Eugene

Jas. E. Tucker Final Rites on Thursday

Military funeral riges for James Eugene Tucker, veteran of World War I, who died at 2:05 p.m. Tuesday in Kewanee, will be held in Seifert and Smith funeral home at 2:30 p.m. Thursday. They will be conducted by Kewanee Post 31, American Legion. Burial will be in South Pleasant View cemetery.

Friends will be received at the funeral home tonight.

Mr. Tucker, resident of 514 N. Lexington Ave., had been ill a year and a half, his condition becoming serious in the past month. He was taken to the hospital Friday night.

The son of James and Martha Martin Tucker, James Eugene Tucker was born in Kewanee, May 2, 1892. He attended Kewanee schools. He was employed for a time by Walworth Manufacturing Company prior to entering service in World War I and returned to his work with this same company after the war. He was Inspector in the brass fitting department up to the time he became ill. He served in the United States field artillery two and a half years, seeing 13 months overseas service.

Mr. Tucker attended Congregational church and was a member of Kewanee Post, American Legion, which he had served as commander.

Surviving are the wife, former Iris Kewish of Kewanee, whom Mr. Tucker married here Dec. 15, 1926; two sons, Murray and James, and one daughter, Rosemary, all at home, and mother, Mrs. Martha Tucker, who lives at her son's home. He was preceded in death by his father; one sister, Elizabeth, and by a brother, William.

Source: Kewanee Star Courier, 19 May 1945, p.7

Contributed by Susie Martin-Rott

TUCKER, James R.

KEWANEE -- James R. Tucker, 70, of Kewanee, died at 4:40 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 24, 2003 at Kewanee Hospital.

Funeral Mass will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 27, at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church in Kewanee, the Revs. Chris Haake and Robert Prendergast officiating. Visitation is from 6 to 8 this evening at Rux Funeral Home in Kewanee, with a wake service at 7:45 p.m.

Burial will be in Evergreen Memory Gardens, rural Kewanee, with military rites accorded by the Kewanee Veterans Council. Memorials may be made to St. Jude Children's Hospital Midwest Affiliate or a charity of the donor's choice.

He was born June 26, 1933 in Kewanee, the son of James and Iris (Kewish) Tucker. He married Donna Sherbeyn Nov. 3, 1956 in Galva.

She survives, as do three sons, James Tucker of Kewanee, Eric (Cindy) Tucker of Moline and Paul (Cheryl) Tucker of Kewanee; three daughters, Mrs. Lee (Tere) Denzer, Mrs. Mark (Diane) Mikenas and Mrs. Courtney (RaeAnn) Marshall, all of Kewanee; 10 grandchildren, Ashley, Caleb and Alexandra Mikenas, Sean Greene, Joshua Denzer, Jessica, Evan and Haleigh Tucker and Ransom and Cullen Marshall; a sister, Rosemary Derick of Kewanee; and several nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents; his stepfather, Ray Couve; a brother, Murray; and a grandson, Lucas Mikenas.

He graduated from Kewanee High School in 1951.

He was a Korean War Navy veteran. He had worked as a driver for United Parcel Service in Galesburg for 33 years, retiring in 1990. He was a member of St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church. He enjoyed spending time with family and friends, hunting, fishing and watching the Chicago Bears.

James R. Tucker, 70, of Kewanee, died Wednesday, Dec. 24, 2003, at Kewanee Hospital.

Services are 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, Kewanee, where he was a member. Burial is in Evergreen Memory Gardens with military rites. Visitation is 6 to 8 tonight at Rux Funeral Home, Kewanee, with a 7:45 p.m. wake service.

Mr. Tucker was born June 26, 1933, in Kewanee, to James and Iris Tucker. He married Donna Sherbeyn Nov. 3, 1956, in Galva.

He had worked as a driver for United Parcel Service, Galesburg, for 33 years, retiring in 1990.

Surviving are his wife; sons, James and Paul, both Kewanee, Eric, Moline; daughters, Tere Denzer, Diane Mikenas and RaeAnn Marshall, all Kewanee; 10 grandchildren; sister, Rosemary Derick, Kewanee; nieces and nephews.

Source: Kewanee Star Courier

Contributed by Susie Martin-Rott

TUCKER, Martha Martin

Funeral services for Mrs. Martha Tucker, 82, who died at 12:10p.m. Tuesday in Kewanee Public hospital, will be held in Seifert and Smith funeral home at 2:30 p.m. Thursday. Burial will be in Pleasant View cemetery. Friends will be received at the funeral home tonight.

Mrs. Tucker had been ill over a year. She was taken to the hospital May 23.

The former Martha Martin, Mrs. Tucker was born in Kewanee, April 10, 1863, the daughter of William and Martha Martin. She attended Kewanee schools. Her marriage to James Tucker, also of Kewanee, took place here about 60 years ago. Mr. Tucker died ten years ago and since that time Mrs. Tucker has lived with her son and daughter-in-law, Mr. and Mrs. James Tucker, 514 N. Lexington avenue. The son died May 8.

Mrs. Tucker was a charter member of the Rebekah lodge.

Surviving are six grandchildren; one great-grandchild, three brothers, John George and Tom Martin, of Lamoni, Iowa, and a sister in-law, Mrs. Elizabeth Hindmarsh, of Toulon. She was preceded in death by her husband, two sisters, two brothers and three children, Will, James and Elizabeth.

Members of the Rebekah lodge will meet at the Seifert and Smith funeral home at 2:15 p.m. Thursday to attend in a group the services for Mrs. Martha Tucker

Source: Kewanee Courier, date not known died 05 Jun 1945

Contributed by Susie Martin-Rott

TUCKER, Mercy Onions


A Sickening Tragedy
The Disaster at the County Insane Asylum.

The most horrible tragedy that ever occurred in the limits of Boone county took place Tuesday night of last week when the county insane asylum burned down. Of the nine inmates of the place eight were burned to death, roasted alive, meeting a fate that makes one shudder. The horrible death roll, which has been published all over the country and created a cry of indignation wherever read is as follows:


CREGG, JOSEPH, aged 81
SCOTT, SARAH aged 82
TUCKER, Mercy, aged 48

The county insane asylum was located on the poor farm. The poor farm is on the old Fort Dodge road seven miles directly north of Boone and a mile and a half south of Mineral Ridge. Henry Holcomb is steward of the poor farm and had charge of the insane also. The insane asylum was a two-story frame building put up about 60 feet from the poor house proper It was erected six or eight years ago, when Boone county took charge of its incurable insane, taking care of them at home instead of the state institutions. This was originally done because there was not room in the state institutions and the counties were required to take care of the harmless incurables as best they could. Of late years, since the state facilities have been increased, the county has kept up the local asylum as a matter of economy.

There were nine of these unfortunates in the asylum--the eight that lost their lives and one that escaped, Mrs. Hibbart. Tuesday night, January 23, was one of the worst nights this winter. A furious storm started in the afternoon which gained in fury all night. The thermometer went down to 30 degrees below zero before morning. The insane asylum was heated with a furnace in the cellar which was reported out of order. Regardless of this, the nine unfortunates who were not of sufficiently sound mind to take care of themselves were locked up in this fire trap to perish like so many rats. Possibly the doors were not locked, but the unfortunate creatures, unable to look out for themselves, were left alone without a person of sound mind to look after them. When the house was left we have not learned. Evidently the old furnace was fired up so that the inmates should not freeze to death that bitter cold night and then left to their fate.

Henry Holcomb, the steward, went to bed at his usual time and all the inmates of the poor house proper were asleep at ten o'clock when they were awakened by Mrs. Hibbart coming into the house and telling them the madhouse was on fire. Holcomb rushed to the burning building, which he saw was all aflame inside, and burst in the door. He could not enter and no sound except the crackling of flames was heard. The poor unfortunates were already dead, either suffocated before they awoke, or lacking the intelligence to make their escape.

Four of the poor creatures that were not considered perfectly safe were locked in their cells at night, and could not have escaped if they would. The others could have gotten out if intelligent enough. What little help there was availed nothing against the fire, and all that could be done was to prevent its spreading to the poorhouse and other buildings of the poor farm. The tragedy was over in half an hour and the roof fell in. The victims were seen burned beyond recognition. From the places where some of the remains were found it is inferred that some of the unfortunates had reached the windows and tried to escape from them.

How the fire originated is not and never will be known. One of the insane women was in the habit of tearing her clothes to shreds and stuffing them into the hot air registers. It is possible that this may have been the cause of the fire. The grand jury visited the asylum last week and their report, published in the last issue of THE DEMOCRAT, was far from complimentary to the institution. Before it was read by many of the readers of this paper news of the sickening tragedy was on the streets.

A great moral responsibility attaches to some one for this crime against humanity. We will not stop to discuss how the policy of keeping the insane at home instead of in state institutions. It is sufficient that they were kept on the poor farm. Why were they not cared for? Who is to blame for the shocking barbarity of leaving nine unfortunate human beings unable to take care of themselves alone in a building to perish like so many rats? To burn up at 10 o'clock, the early part of the evening. It is highly probable that the fire had been smoldering for some time before it burst out. A sane person might likely have smelled fire and investigated before retiring. Possibly lives might have been lost even if proper precaution had been taken. This has occurred in other asylum fires. But then there would have been no cause for the universal indignation that is expressed at the utter lack of care in looking out for the unfortunates in Boone county. If economy was the reason the purpose has been accomplished--the insane are burned up and will no longer cost the county anything. This is cheaper than hiring some one to take charge of them but arouses a cry of indignation from every corner of the land. We wish the man or men that are responsible for leaving these unfortunates alone with less care than is given so many cattle (for fires are carefully kept out of the stable) could see the comments that are being made all over the country in the press. It will not mend matters but may cause a little remorse. Locking the stable door after the horse is stolen is of little use.

The criminal carelessness is largely chargeable upon the board of supervisors for the method of taking care of the insane. We do not wish to single out the present board, for they probably did the same as has been done for years, but the whole method is wrong. The management of the poor farm is peddled out to the lowest bidder, the man that will do it the cheapest, regardless of fitness for the place. It is possible that the present steward of the poor farm, who left nine people that the proper tribunal said were not competent to take care of themselves alone to perish did just what his predecessors had done before him. That does not make it less reprehensible. The tragedy is a blot on Boone county that can never be justified and must meet the condemnation of every humane man.

Source: unknown Boone Co IA newspaper

Contributed by Susie Martin-Rott

[Note: Mercy Onions and Nathaniel Tucker were married in Kewanee, Henry Co., on 09 Jul 1864. The couple had removed to Boone Co IA prior to 1868. In 1880 Mercy Tucker, wife of Nathaniel Tucker, was enumerated on the census of Washington Twp, Buchanan County Iowa, where she was an inmate at the Hospital for the Insane. It is believed she was hospitalized originally as the result of either post-partum depression or the loss of a child. At some point Mercy was removed to the County facility in Boone Co, where she perished in the fire.
Mr. Tucker did not remain in Boone County, as he is enumerated on the 1880 census in Kewanee, living with his sister and brother-in-law, William and Martha Tucker Martin. His children were all farmed out to other families as workers. Either there were no remains of Mercy Onion (pronounced O-NYE-UNS) Tucker to bury, or Nathaniel chose not to claim them. She is listed as buried at the County Farm in Boone Co IA but there is no marker indicating such.]

TUCKER, Nathaniel


Well Known Kewanee Man Passes Away After Brief Illness


Funeral Service Held Friday Afternoon at 1:30 o'clock at House

After an illness of but a week's duration, Nathaniel Tucker, for two score years a resident of Kewanee, died Wednesday at 10 minutes after six o'clock, at his home on Water street. The news of Mr. Tucker's death will be received with surprise by his many friends and acquaintences in Kewanee.

Born in England.

Mr. Tucker was born in England and when a young man he decided to come to America. Soon after landing in this country, he came west, locating in Illinois. The greater part of his life since coming west was spent in Kewanee. He followed his occupation, that of a coal miner and was one of the older followers of this craft in the city.

Three Children Survive.

For a number of years, he has not been engaged in active work, having retired from the more strenuous occupation which he followed for so many years. He was employed at the mine of his nephew, Mr. Martin, for a long time. Some years ago his wife passed away. Four children were born, three of whom survive, being as follows: James Tucker, Miss Elizabeth Tucker and Mrs. Benj. Price, all of this city.

Funeral Friday.

Mr. Tucker was not a member of any church or fraternal organization. The funeral was held Friday afternoon at 1:30 o'clock at the house, being in charge of the Rev. J.V. Whiting. Mr. Whiting was assisted at his service by Rev. Amos Berve. The remains were laid to rest at Pleasant View cemetery.

Source: Kewanee Weekly Star Courier; Wednesday, 23 Nov 1904

Contributed by Susie Martin-Rott

[Note: This obit makes Mr. Tucker sound like a real good family man. Fact is, after placing his wife in a mental hospital in Iowa, his young children were "farmed out" to other families to be laborers or servants. The coal mine referred to as belonging to his nephew actually belonged to his brother in law William Martin. After Martin's death, Nate Tucker was made administrator of his estate but with specific conditions laid out for the mine and the finances of Mrs. Martha Tucker Martin, wife of Wm and sister of Nathaniel. While Nathaniel is buried with a huge marker in Pleasant View, his sister Martha is buried at Old Kewanee City with NO marker. The Tucker family, by the marriage of Nathaniel's son James to his first cousin Martha Martin (d/o Wm & Martha) took control of the Martin family farm and mining interests.

TUCKER, William Wallace

W.W. Tucker Dies Sunday As Result Heart Attack While Driving His Auto

Henry County Superintendent of Schools Summoned At 52

W.W. Tucker, of Cambridge, 52, Henry county superintendent of schools for ten years, died suddenly Sunday morning, en route to the Kewanee Public hospital in an ambulance following a heart attack which he suffered while driving his automobile at Cambridge.

Mr. Tucker, superintendent of Cambridge Baptist Sunday school, had attended the school Sunday morning. Complaining of not feeling well, he turned his duties over to Glenn Sherrard and went home. Later he started back to the church to get Mrs. Tucker and daughter Mary. He was travelling west on Court street when about a block east of the church he was seized with a heart attack. He lost control of the car and went up on the curbing, crashing into car owned by Cameron White and driven by Ralph Atkinson.


Mr. Atkinson called Dr. Adelbert Ryan and Mr. Tucker was alive when placed in the ambulance to be taken to Kewanee, Mrs. Tucker and daughter accompanying him. Death occurred near Kewanee city limits about 12 o'clock. Inquiry into the death was made by Coroner J.O. Stephenson, who found death to be due to acute dilation of the heart.

Mr. Tucker was a member of Cambridge Masonic lodge and of Masonic Consistory and had belonged to Kewanee Odd Fellows' lodge twenty-five years, having received his twenty-five year jewel.

His educational work in Henry county covered about 30 years, 20 years as principal of Washington and McKinley schools at Kewanee and 10 years as county superintendent. He was graduated from Kewanee high school and Northern Illinois State Teachers college at DeKalb, took advanced work at University of Illinois, University of Chicago and Normal School at Normal.


As an educator, Mr. Tucker had been honored by a number of state appointments. He was formerly president of the Blackhawk Division, Illinois Teachers' association. In 1933-34, he was president of the Illinois County Superintendents' association. He was a member of Governor Emmerson's conference on education. He was a member of legislative committee Illinois Teachers' association. Mr. Tucker was especially well versed on teacher legislation and had made large contributions to that work in Illinois. At the time of his death, he was chairman of the state spelling contest committee.

For many years, Mr. Tucker conducted the community vacation bible school in Kewanee and Cambridge.

Mr. Tucker founded the Sanford Achievment test in Henry county and also the Young Citizen's league of this county, the latter organization devoted to rural school children.

Rural school track meets and music festivals were founded by Mr. Tucker and he had long taken an active part in supervising the Henry County Interscholastic meets.

Officers of the Kewanee Post of American Legion stated today that Mr. Tucker was intesnely interested in the Legion's program for boys and Americanism. He had aided them in many ways.


Born in Kewanee, July 6, 1885, son of Mr. and Mrs. James Tucker, the decedent resided in this city until he became superintendent of Henry county schools ten years ago. The home in Kewanee for some years was 517 Williams street.

September 12, 1916, Mr. Tucker married Julia McDonald, who survives. he also leaves a daughter, Miss Mary Tucker, student at Knox college, Galesburg, the mother, Mrs. James Tucker and brother James Tucker, residents of route 1, Kewanee, as well as other relatives.

A sister, Mrs. Murray Benedict and the father, preceded him in death.


Funeral services will be held Tuesday afternoon at 2:30 o'clock in Kewanee First Baptist church. Dr. J.M. Jones, pastor of the Baptist church in Cambridge, will be in charge, assisted by Rev. Mr. Wilfred Noble of Kewanee church.

Friends may call at the Erickson and McHugh funeral home between 7 and 9 tonight. Interment will be in South Pleasant View cemetery.